I’ve just recently started a “youth group” type thing in one of the local school hostels here in Secunda. I asked the teenagers to suggest topics and ask questions of what they would like to look at over the next few weeks.
Here is what they came up with?
1) Do smokers go to heaven?
2) Is Jesus here on earth or in heaven with God?
3) A lot of things go wrong in my life. I feel like I am being punished for something I may have done.
4) Is there really life after death?
5) Talk to us about: Smoking and drinking
6) Does God really answer our prayers?
7) Why do we entertain sin?
8) Who do you think God is?
9) Why should we forgive one another?
(Somehow I believe these topics and questions go through all the ages. Young Adults and Adults alike.)
I ask you, to pray for me as I will attempt answering these questions for that group of 40 odd teens. I pray for wisdom and discernment to answer them well.
What are your questions of God?
Can God handle our questions? I definitely believe He can.
Like Jacob wrestled the angel – so should we…