Over the weekend I had the honour of being the host at a local Global Leadership Summit (GLS)
– I am often weary about mega church events, where Jesus seems like a product, however…
– I am concerned about this idea that western world (even Western Christianity) thinks it has the only solution to the problems in developing countries, however…
I did think this. Being a conference aimed at empowering business and church leaders…. truth is:
“Good leadership brings about great change.”
So maybe there is a lot of potential in “marrying leadership and Christianity together.”
Because at the core of the Christian faith, the ways of Jesus… are radically, are life change… are impactful! Scripture has some verses that speak of leadership:
“So he shepherded them according to the integrity of his heart, And guided them with his skillful hands.”
“Do nothing out of selfish ambition or vain conceit. Rather, in humility value others above yourselves.”
I then thought about this.
It’s great to see the incredible things of change happening in the States, or in India, or somewhere else in Africa. But what about where I am?
That may be something you wonder…
Change is not a distant thing. it’s not only something happening elsewhere.
It can be happening here. On yours and my doorstep.
We each have an area of influence.
– It could be your office space.
– It could be your family.
– It could be your classroom.
– It could be your business (staff, customers and suppliers).
– It could be your friendship circle.
– It could be across your street. I saw this title of a sermon earlier today: “How do you imagine love crossing your street in your context and locality?”
That’s where the change can occur. Right there. Right where you are.
And then no matter the size of the change:
As the adage goes: “Be the change you want to see.”
One last thought – The SECOND HALF OF YOUR LIFE:
One of the speakers from the conference mentioned something about “the second half of your life.”
I liked that phrase. It doesn’t have to be bound by time / years.
If you feel like your life has been a mess or you are desperate for change or a sort of revival in your life – make it happen. The second half of your life is waiting.
When it comes to a relationship with God. Perhaps the ‘first half’, you didn’t want God. Second half… delve into His mystery.
When it comes to a life of mistakes or shame. That’s the (was) ‘first half’… it can stop! ENTER the second half of your life: leave that behind, turn over a new leaf.
When it comes to an addiction. That too or could be stopped. A new life awaits…
Make it happen! And having God, makes that far more easier. (Because we really aren’t self made…)